Thursday, January 28, 2010

HELP

Hello friends,

It has been close to 7 years since I quit my job as a tennis instructor and trainer and started playing music fulltime. It has taken me to several new countries on three continents and let me pack away story after story of Gods faithfulness. It has been an incredible journey to say the least.

After 7 years I am feeling called to change direction and retool my skill set and I am asking for your help to do that.

I have made my living in the “Christian” market since the start but am now looking to work where the talent is beyond my talent and the skill even further - in the secular market.

I have a dizzying desire to see those who are far off come to know the Lord and I feel that I need to be regularly playing in music venues that will put me in front of folks who don’t know Jesus or may not want to know Him.

When the economy was good I was able to frequent such places but with declining CD sales, dwindling guarantees and the onset of the digital music age I have not been able to “reach out” with my music for several years now.

I have been tied up making a living and sadly have not been able to improve – I spend most of my time driving from state to state burning $10,000 in fuel and food a year and not getting done what I need to get done. I need to be playing to secular crowds – in bars, at YL camps, on the street, etc.

So for the next year I have made it my goal to raise $25,000 to help me accomplish this task.

Broken down, this is what the money will go towards:


“Arches” CD production - $5K

“Love” CD production - $8K

Fuel costs - $5K

CD manufacturing - $3K

Guitar and Voice Lessons - $1K

Not For Sale Investigator Academy - $2K

YL Summer Assignment - $1K


Some of the money I will raise will go to subsidize my time at YL camp and pay for my tuition to go to school at the Not For Sale Abolitionist Academy in California for two weeks. I have spent the last two years as a speaker/activist for victims of human trafficking and would very much like to further my education with this organization.

(For those of you not familiar with the work of the Not For Sale Campaign, please visit www.notforsalecampaign.org).

The remainder of the money will go to the production and manufacturing of two CD’s, subsidizing my travel costs and taking lessons to improve my guitar playing and singing.

Please prayerfully consider partnering with me and supporting me in this endeavor. I will still be leading worship events and preaching and discipling this year but feel very called by the Lord to “light the match” in the dark places. I cannot do this without your involvement.

If you are able to help financially by pre-purchasing the two cd’s please make out your check for $30 or more payable to:

PW Gopal

PO Box 457

Banner Elk, NC 28604

If you can give more I would greatly appreciate it. Email me at merchandise@pwgopal.com if you would like to use a credit card.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE include your mailing address so I can mail you the cd’s when they are completed.

Thank you friends! It’s because of your faithfulness in my life that I am asking for your help.

Godspeed,

PW Gopal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home